- How many semesters is the Masters program comprised of?
This MA program consists of total four semesters. It is mandatory to study first two semesters at Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE); second and third semesters with an option to study at one of the partner universities in Europe.
- Is it compulsory to study a part of the Masters program in Europe?
It is not compulsory to study a part of it in Europe though it is highly encouraged. As the program is completely focused on European Union, it is strongly recommended that students get to study at least a part of it in Europe to get a first-hand experience.
- Is it a dual-degree Masters program?
No, but some partner universities may consider awarding a degree if two semesters are studied on their campus.
- Are there any specialization options?
Yes, there are four specialization tracks available in the second semester.
- European Business and Economics
- International Relations
- European Culture and Society
- European Languages and Intercultural Studies
- Is learning one of the foreign languages compulsory?
Yes, it is compulsory to learn at least one of the two foreign languages; French or German. It is highly recommended to complete level B1 by the end of first year.
- Is the three-week immersion program compulsory?
Yes, it is compulsory for every student to go through this three-week rigorous immersion program.
- What is the fee for the second year of the program?
If one decides to study the second year at one of the partner universities in Europe, the fees has to be paid directly to the partner university.
If a student opts to study the second year of the program in Manipal Academy of Higher Eduation (MAHE), it is Rs. 42,000/- (last updated 01/01/2017).
- Are there any scholarships available?
Students can apply for Erasmus Mundus or Erasmus Plus scholarships for the second year of study in one of the partner universities in Europe.
- Is this program recognized by UGC?
Yes, it is recognized as the nomenclature MA is recognized.
- Does a student have choice of partner university or is it chosen by the University authorities?
Faculty members in the department help students opt for the right partner university based on their background, strengths and language learning abilities. Final decision in this regard will be of students.
- Does this program help me find a job?
Yes, the program is designed to make you ready for a job in one of the European institutions and international organization in different parts of the world.
- Do you provide placement?
There is no placement service as such. However, all possible support is extended to a student looking for an opportunity.