Opportunities to study a part of the program in Europe with scholarships
Since 2013, all Master students at DES have been selected for scholarships or fee-waivers to pursue their second year of studies in Europe.
MA European Studies is a one-of-its-kind master program in India that caters to a growing interest in the study of Europe and European Union institutions, which is becoming increasingly relevant in a globalized world. This multidisciplinary program creates a much-needed platform for graduates from various disciplines to align their academic and career prospects under the overarching and topical field of European Studies.
With a unique opportunity to study a part of the program in one of the partner universities in Europe, this Master program is designed to foster the understanding of various aspects of European studies, centred around four specialization tracks: business and economics, politics and international relations, culture and society, and languages.
The program also comprises rigorous training in French and German languages along with an emphasis on intercultural competences in order to prepare students for research and work internationally. The students may also learn other languages like Spanish, Italian and Japanese post college hours.
• To offer a broad conceptual understanding of EU institutions and the economic and socio-cultural dimensions of Europe
• To equip students with knowledge and skillsets to meet challenges of working in international environments
• To encourage research on and understanding of Europe in the wider world
• To empower human resources capable of developing entrepreneurial/collaborative projects and promote young ambassadors between India and Europe
- Hochschule Bremen University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- University of Bremen, Germany
- Leibniz University of Hannover, Germany
- Metropolitan University Prague, Czech Republic
- University of Latvia, Latvia
- University of Milano, Italy
- Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha (UCLM), Spain
- University of Salzburg, Austria
- University of Warmia Mazury, Poland
- University of Évora, Portugal
- University of Groningen, The Netherlands
- Aix-Marseille University, France
- Aarhus University, Denmark
Highlights of the program
- Opportunity to study a part of the program in Europe with Erasmus Mundus/Plus and other scholarships
- Visiting faculty members from European universities
- Special Lectures and Seminars by delegates and representatives of the EU and other international organizations
- Hands-on intercultural training and acquisition of two international languages – French, German and Spanish
- International learning environment with state-of-the-art facilities
- Program structure, credits and academic calendars harmonized with European higher education standards
- Specially designed and internationally recognized curriculum with three specialization tracks
International career prospects
- EU institutions and international organizations
- Businesses originating or operating in Europ
- NGOs and other not-for-profit foundations
- Embassies and ministries all over the world
- Cultural organizations
- Education and research institutions
- Translation and interpretation industry
- Legal consultancy (with specific focus on European law)
- Political parties, foundations and associations
- Media, journalism and publications fields
Courses of Study and Credits
For the award of the degree, a student has to earn 90 Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) credits or 120 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System). Those studying a part of the program in Europe are expected to earn at least 30 ECTS (equivalent to 23 MU credits) per semester.
Before the commencement of the courses, students are introduced to the essential elements of the curriculum through a three-week intensive Immersion Program. While the first semester comprises common modules, students opt for a specialization in one of the following four tracks in the subsequent semesters: business and economics, politics and international relations, culture and society, and languages.
Throughout the program, students continue to deepen their language acquisition in either French or German. However, students are encouraged to pursue their second year of study in Europe, which is recognized by Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) to award the degree.
Performance of the students is evaluated on a continual basis. Evaluation components and patterns are provided by the concerned faculty members. A student is evaluated on class/tutorial participation, presentations, class tests, term papers, mid and end semester examinations or a combination of these.
Please click here for